Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Faerie Crown

Since I had the jewelry stuff out due to the snow day & a little time on my hands, I decided to make a crown for the Christmas Faerie. She looked a little bare with just the berries & ornaments. Especially after her festive Fall array.

So, I set about with wire & rhinestones & a few freshwater pearls. I twisted & twined, baubled & bent; and eventually had a crown fit for a Queen.

A Faerie Queen, that is!







And since we've had nothing but snow for a couple weeks now, I decided to move the Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas/etc tree down to the hearth for the season. Gone are the orange lights, & the red & white fits nicely into the rest of the scheme!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just the perfect touch...

Anonymous said...

Gee. It's a good thing you have to work most days.

Jinx said...

Thanks for the "perfect touch" comment. It was really fun to put together!

And Tom, you KNOW I'd be glitzing up the poor kitten if I had any more time on my hands!!