Sunday, January 4, 2009

Twinkle, twinkle, little light...

Well, the last of the Christmas baubles are finally packed up & ready to slumber for another year. I always feel a little sad as I "de-deck" the halls. I will miss the sparkle & the twinkle & the "magic".

But, I was thinking, why should I have to miss it? Why not just re-decorate for the new month?

One of my goals for this year is to keep up the "home-making". In my definition, doing those little things that make a house a home: a fresh loaf of bread, a candle (or two, or three), music to match the dinner theme, a bit of seasonal decorating.... Those little touches that bring a smile.

So, it was off to Michaels once again to see if there was any glitter left after the post-holiday frenzy. Things were plenty picked over, with empty aisles & stark bare shelving. They have already begun to move in the Spring flowers. Yep, right there in back of the St. Patrick's Day shamrock garlands & heart shaped Valentine's lights.

All I wanted was some white or silver or blue with a little bit of glitz.

There wasn't much.

I grabbed some "iced" candle rings, but that was about all.

Then, I happened to wander down the Bridal aisle. And a good wander it turned out to be!

I grabbed some "crystal" garland & white wired twinkle lights & perked up a bit. Then some blue caught my eye & I grabbed some turquoise "marbles" to mix in with some left-over "ice" in a hurricane. I figured a little was all I needed.

I'm leaving up a few of the Holiday decorations, including my favorite lit white wreath, the lit "iced" hurricane & the blue, silver & white branch arrangement.

This way, I still get a merry twinkle for these long winter nights.






Join the fun over at The Inspired Room for more great ideas!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That still doesn't explain how you stabbed yourself with a zip tie.

But it does look festive.

Lyndsay Wells said...

Ha!!!

I was out at Dollarma yesterday looking for inspiration.

I've been asking myself "What does January look like?

It really does need a seasonal theme ;)

Your stuff looks great!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Yes, why lose the sparkle in January!?

Enjoy your "home-making" and thanks for the inspiration!

Happy day,
Melissa

Sandy said...

Great ideas and it is the little touches that make things special. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love it all! It's like a celebration of winter without all the red and green! :-)