After my initial list of 20 things I love about Autumn, I just couldn't stop thinking about all the wonders the season holds.
And after reading so many great lists at The Inspiried Room, I decided to just keep going!
So, here are 20 MORE reasons to love this time of year!
1. Cattails. The lake down the hill is filled with them, as are all the marshes that line the road into town.
2. Turkeys. Wild Turkeys. Wandering through the back yard. This year's flock is down a bit from last year's turkey brigade when we had 11 every day. They drove the cats bonkers!
3. Marching Band! Yay, band!! I just keep wondering why those guys in tight pants are chasing that ball around the marching field?!
4. Squirrels busily gathering Black Walnuts for Fall; scampering across the road with winter stores.
5. The sound of Canada Geese & Sandhill Cranes.
6. Sunrise. The black velvet cloak of night giving way to the rosy shades of dawn, often with the moon & a planet (or two) still lingering.
7. Chai. Warm, spicy & inviting.
8. Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting Yum!
9. The Alba's Annual Halloween Party
10. EPCOT's Food & Wine Festival
11. Burning Bushes in all their glory.
12. Deer. With full racks of antlers. Standing regally by the side of the road.
13. Indian Summer.
14. Scented tea lights flickering.
15. Ring Neck Pheasant. They just LOOK like Autumn!
16. The morning mist that makes everything seem like it is lost in Faerie world.
17. The Oireachtas. The Regional Irish Dance Championships held at Thanksgiving. The dresses, the dancing, the excitement. I miss the months of preparation & friendship getting ready.
18. English Toffee. I need to dig out that recipe!
19. A Vanilla Latte slowly sipped on the patio of Alterra on the shores of Lake Michigan in the crisp morning air.
20. Walking through the park, crunching the leaves underfoot, picking up acorns. Finding Queen Anne's Lace & leaves to press between pages.
And I probably will think of 20 more things as I drive into work today!!!
Oaxacan Black Mole - 8oz dried pasilla chiles hot water Spice blend: 1-2 TBS seeds from the softened pasillas 1 tsp ground coriander 1/2 tsp three peppercorn blend 1/2 tsp anise...