Saturday, January 21, 2012

Coming Clean

OK, so yesterday was a "snow day".

Sorta.

The phrase snow day typically brings to mind a blizzard... with white out conditions, hazardous driving, doorway high drifts blocking your comings & goings.

Yesterday really wasn't all that.

If snow were rain, then one might say that it drizzled all day.
It was so cold, that instead of huge, puffy flakes, there were these tiny little things that just sort of rained down all day.
And not really ALL day.
More like from 11 or so on.

So, technically, if I had really wanted to get out & get some things done, I really DID have the opportunity to do so.
The sanders had come through early (much too cold for the salt to work), & the plows even made a couple early passes.
And the driveway wasn't that bad.

But I really didn't feel like going anywhere, or seeing anybody, or doing anything.

Sometimes, it's just nice to have an excuse to keep the yoga pants on all day & not have to worry about mascara or whether your socks match.

So, yes, I kind of blew the whole thing out of proportion in the name of leisure.

And it was wonderful :)

I accomplished things that I wanted to... not that I "had" to.

I spent a little time in the kitchen creating a new cookie recipe.
And for dinner, made a big pot of "warm you to your toes" Roasted Garlic Potato Soup. You know, one of those, "oh my word, so much chopping & roasting & blending" sort of soups that you usually don't have time for.

And I Tabata'd, & corresponded, & did some light reading, & played with the cats.

All in my yoga pants.

Because of a "snow day".

I need those more often :)

No comments: