Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Mystery of the Pineapple Jasmine Rice

Once upon a time, I posted a recipe for Pineapple Jasmine Rice.
I posted it for a friend.
Without ever actually making it.

Oh, it was my own creation.
I suppose I "virtually" cooked it; combining ingredients I imagined would blend together well, using a basic recipe for jasmine rice that I used frequently, but totally ad libbing the pineapple... & ginger... & other things.

And I created a monster.
Well, not a monster per say.
Just the biggest draw to my little recipe blog to date.

Seriously.

Each & every day, that rice recipe gets the most clicks.
And from all over the world.
Of course the majority of my readers are from the US & Canada, but people all over the world seem to get a hankering for pineapple & jasmine rice... together.

Yep, people in Australia, Ireland, Colombia, Malaysia... even remote areas of Russia, log onto the Stuff We Eat on a daily basis for their rice fix.
It just makes me smile.

Who knew that 2 little ingredients would be my international claim to fame?!

I say this with a smile.

I never did it for the kudos, I post the recipes for 2 basic reasons.
First & foremost, so that my son has access to them & can dazzle his friends with his pancake & Creme Brulee skills.
But also because I have a tendency to create on the fly & finally realized that it might work better if I actually recorded what I did vs. standing in the kitchen the next time wondering just how in fact DID I make that (fill in the blank).

And, yes, I did eventually break down & make some Pineapple Jasmine Rice.
I mean, I had to see what the fuss was all about.
And it was pretty good.
Pretty darn good.

Mystery solved.

See for yourself: Pineapple Jasmine Rice

No comments: